- Atlas Obscura asks and tries to answer: what’s up with anime’s obsession with power lines? They’re a symbol of everyday life, but that’s only half of it. (HT Joe)
- Amelia reflects on the last 12 months of Anime Feminist and what’s in store for 2018.
- 3, 2, 1, let’s jam: Mike, my co-blogger at the Anime Boston Tumblr, reports on the upcoming Toonami Cowboy Bebop marathon.
- Is there a manga you really wish would get a North American license? Let Seven Seas Entertainment know in their annual reader survey.
- The original Gundam, the RX-78-2, will appear in Ready Player One. But as Tom pointed out, the Gundam has already made its (unlicensed) Hollywood debut in the movie Big.
- It’s already that time again: which new anime will you be watching for Winter 2018? Head on over to Anichart to get some ideas.
- Unsure if I’ve already shared this, but this blog about sampling onsen and delicious meals around Japan is my escape from the cold this season.
- Not related to anything in particular, but this Harry Potter chapter written by a predictive text bot is a masterpiece.
Lead screenshot via One Punch Man via the Atlas Obscura link.