- Low-key lesbian relationships in A Centaur’s Life. This show lays it on pretty thick when it comes to race relations, but lesbians are just part of the scenery.
- Neo Yokio premieres today, and it’s apparently just as bad as we all expected. On the flipside, Mike Toole’s review of the show is downright hilarious.
- Small Buildings of Kyoto is part zen, part design inspiration, and part architecture porn.
- What are you planning to watch this fall anime season? Here are the Yatta-Tachi team’s top picks. Find your own at Anichart.
- Go For It, Nakamura!, a cute BL manga with a vintage feel, is getting licensed with Seven Seas Entertainment. I’m aware of and promoting this title because I saw a scanlation of its first chapter, making me wonder if partial scanlation can be a good thing (but that’s a thought for another time).
- Cosplay as a Nazi, get banned. Honestly anime fans aren’t idiots and I haven’t seen any Nazi cosplay in a couple years. There are some great anime that take inspiration from Nazis (Hellsing, Mobile Suit Gundam) but they’re off the cosplay table for now.
- Why is Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino so hit or miss? Ogiue Maniax addresses the director’s relentless focus on the big picture.
- One year later, Pokemon Go is still big in Japan. Especially among older people! I’m still playing but I feel like the craze has died down. (HT Zoe).
Screenshot via A Centaur’s Life.