- Have you figured out what you’re watching this anime season yet? I just got my Anime News Network review assignments: Land of the Lustrous, Anime-Gataris, and URAHARA.
- Another show I’m really enjoying is Zodiac War though usually I hate gory stuff. Here’s my write-up for the Anime Boston Tumblr.
- Naniro wrote a really poetic post on Land of the Lustrous and the way its world-building ends up being both purposeful and beautiful.
- J-Novel Club has added its first title with a female protagonist: “Walking My Second Path In Life.” I haven’t read it yet but I’m pretty optimistic.
- Additionally, Seven Seas Entertainment has created a new imprint for mature adult manga. None of the titles are to my tastes, but I think it’s a cool way to expand their audience.
i love that seven seas was like we need to put out titty books but we can't do it on main
— the sasuke respecter (@DuderMcBrohan) October 11, 2017
- I was in another Fox News video! This one’s about the history of cosplay, a topic I researched heavily for my book. No, I haven’t watched this one, either.
- Grape-kun, the penguin who fell in love with a cut-out of Kemono Friends idol Hululu, has died. Twitter’s tributes to the late Humboldt are funny and sweet.
- George did a fascinating deep dive into anime Kickstarters.
- Did you know you can’t say “crazy” on TV in Japan? This is an interesting list about Japanese censorship—and how it differs from Western censorship. HT @kaijinboyfriend.
Screenshot via URAHARA, episode 2.