- I’m openly envious of my Forbes colleague Ollie for living such a cool life. Recently, he sat down to chat with Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino like it was nothing, and they discussed his works from 1979 to 2017.
- Kixkillradio creates breathtaking miniature settings for her many Nenderoid figures to play in. I was mesmerized by this sped-up video in which she creates a miniature sushi house with real working lights!
- Who wants an anime studio tour? Sakugabooru takes us through Kyoto Animation’s surprisingly large number of studios and buildings.
- Here’s an English version of the Anime Industry Report 2016, via r/anime. Some highlights: the US is the biggest overseas market for anime, online streaming distribution is growing a ton, and the genre with the biggest potential for overseas growth just might be “adult animation.”
- Funimation decided to market yaoi anime Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi by inviting fans of yaoi and BL to tag their experiences with the hashtag #fujoshilife. Funimation’s own staff led the charge, but the movement quickly fizzled out when people got offended. But how offensive was it? Over at Anime Feminist, Amelia launched a discussion about this complicated issue.
- I talk a lot about Get Bullish, the organization through which I’ve met most of my DC entrepreneur friends and through which I sell my affiliate earning guide. In this resource-packed blog post, my friend Eva explains what it’s done for her.
Screenshot via Gundam 00, just added in HD to Crunchyroll. I’m watching it now!