- Summer’s over, and it’s time for the best and worst of summer anime over at Anime News Network. You won’t be surprised by my picks.
- The highlight of my September was seeing Lupin the 3rd – The Castle of Cagliostro on the big screen. It was my first time seeing any Lupin, and I was surprised to learn that three seasons (consisting of 100+ episodes) are on Crunchyroll. You may be surprised as well.
- Speaking of feature films, Your Name is getting a Hollywood adaptation. Spoiler warning: don’t read any of the press releases, link included, if you haven’t seen it yet.
- A Silent Voice localizer All The Anime just released its English dub cast for the film, featuring deaf actress Lexi Cowden as deaf heroine Shoko. There will also be a “Deaf or Hard of Hearing” additional subtitle option.
- 5 Things I Learned Studying Fandom. You have to log in to read it but it’s worth it for Elizabeth Minkel’s insights, spanning from “Fandom isn’t about what you love — it’s about how you love it” to “Fandom isn’t inherently good or bad — and you can’t control it.”
- “You Are Not a Real Gamer.” Keza MacDonald’s heartfelt personal essay on a phrase that every girl who’s ever entered a video game store has heard at least once.
- I’ve been following the Kemono Friends PR nightmare and sort of fell down a rabbit hole researching a write-up for the Anime Boston blog.
Screenshot via Lupin the 3rd – The Castle of Cagliostro.