- Fellow aniblogger Serdar has upgraded his blog, Ganriki, to a new blogging platform he built from scratch! Serdar’s been working on this since I interviewed him for Build Your Anime Blog and it’s so neat to see such a big project complete.
- Hey Anime Fans: Stop Making Excuses for Fanservice — reader Amelia, an Otaku Journalist herself, wrote this thoughtful, well-researched take on why we should stop shrugging off panty shots as “just the way anime is.”
- It was terrifying to write about my experience with sexual harassment last week, but it was worth it to get comments like Tony’s. He wrote a good follow-up to it at Manga Therapy this week.
- Should we really be calling the people who make death threats to Leslie Jones, “fans?” Of course not! Elizabeth explains the myth of the entitled fan for the New Statesman.
- Life is improved now that Colette is regularly on the K-pop beat. Her latest: How male K-Pop idols are redefining masculinity. BTW, if you haven’t checked out her K-beauty site (one of my affiliate blogging success stories), you should!
- The surprisingly un-creepy story of why furries wear fursuits. This comic is safe for work, but the site it lives on (Oh Joy Sex Toy) is definitely not!
- My Forbes colleague, Ollie, interviewed the man who designed the iconic mecha of Mobile Suit Gundam. I still write on Forbes occasionally. One of my latest is an interview with British idol Beckii Cruel.
- Want to review video games? Polygon is looking for new reviewers for small and indie titles, and they pay.
Photo by K B