- Patlabor, my favorite 1989 mecha anime starring a female protagonist, is getting a new movie! It only took about 30 years.
- The most beautiful Zaku model ever built is made of traditional Japanese lacquer and is currently being displayed at New York City’s Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Check out my Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy review to see why I think this is the best way to take in the Gundam franchise’s first show.
- Bless is starting a podcast about (what else?) anime blogging. Fill out this survey to help narrow down the content—I assure you it’s quick!
- Emily writes about color theory in Monogatari. I never realized how such simple color palette decisions could mean so much.
- All Might’s Essence of Heroism. Charles of Beneath the Tangles discusses why All Might is such a great hero—because he leads not by platitudes, but by example. If you’re wondering why I’m an atheist reading a Christian anime blog, well, the blog is great.
- When you buy a convention ticket, where does your money go? After Kara’s post on “lobbyconning” went viral, she stressed the importance of how paying your due helps organizers continue putting on these events we love so much.
Screenshot via Patlabor.