- John and I spent all week building our puzzle from the Playing Grounded Kickstarter. In case we want to preserve that hard work, we can use the creators’ tutorial on puzzle framing.
- I review a lot of games for Forbes, but this is the first time somebody sent me something I already knew how to play. Does your friend group also have a version of this game?
- The pros and cons of having otaku parents. Reminds me of people I know from volunteering at anime cons who have named their kids after anime and game characters. (HT Zoe!)
- Fandom Loves Puerto Rico: a donation drive in which donors auction off fan services like commissioned fics and art, editing, tutorials, and more.
- Fic, interrupted. Caroline Crampton gets personal about the hidden stories behind all that unfinished fanfiction for which we’re still holding out hope for an update.
- Is Your D&D Character Rare? FiveThirtyEight crunches the numbers. Here’s a hint: your human fighter and elf ranger aren’t exactly special.
- Completing NaNoWriMo (all 50,000 words of it!) is my most ambitious goal for the rest of 2017. I already put up the book cover, title and synopsis for the novel I’m planning now.
- Did you miss the USA vs. Japan giant robot duel? It’s now available on YouTube. I wasn’t expecting it to be so scripted, but I guess it would have been a safety hazard otherwise.
Lead image via Playing Grounded Puzzles.