- A thunderstorm left us without power on Tuesday night, so we went over to friend/neighbor Grant’s place to charge our phones. Fortunately, Grant had just the resource for our temporarily Internet-free lives: this book. Labeled a “Book of the Century” by the New York Public Library in 1995, it’s still available today!
- Remember when Attack on Titan made a spinoff manga about fan favorite character Levi? Well, Yowamushi Pedal is doing the same thing. Sorry to everyone who thought they’d get a break from me fangirling over Yowapeda until at least October—I guess that’s not happening.
- What are anime conventions like in Europe? Sounds like the ones in America, but longer lasting with shorter lines. Kuuki went to Japan Expo in Paris and shared a writeup on Organization Anti-Social Geniuses.
- I love Charles’ Christian blog, Beneath the Tangles, because it analyzes characters in a light I would have never considered. How Rin Matsuoka’s transformation in Free! Eternal Summer mimics a proponent of Christianity’s journey of belief.
- That April Fool’s update was no joke: Homestar Runner is officially coming back! This news brings me right back to high school.
- What’s better than anime? Terrible live-action anime remakes! I have a special place in my heart for the live action Cromartie High School movie. Now, Crunchyroll is adding a slew of live action anime movies to its repertoire.
- At Manga Therapy, Tony dedicated an entire post to the most bizarre question on that anime fandom survey I promoted a while back: “T/F Most of my clothes are dark (black/grey colors).” I’m the final respondent quoted in the article.
Photo via my Instagram