- Should I keep posting my weekly reviews in Otaku Links? You know where to find them on ANN. This week I thought Yowapeda‘s plot was finally episode-sized, Denki-gai focused on a flashback, and Gundam Build Fighters Try involved a robot punch to the dick.
- You are forbidden to say Nico Yazawa’s catchphrase, “Nico Nico Nii,” on PayPal because it’s similar to the name of an Iranian oil company. Weird, huh?
- The only thing worse than a gas attack at Midwest Fur Fest that hospitalized 19 attendees is all the reporters cracking jokes at their expense. If this were anything but a subculture convention, the news would be calling this a terrorist attack, not bursting into giggle fits.
- I was on the Code Newbies podcast talking about my efforts to teach other people to code while learning to code myself. They called me “not so amateur” which is more than I would say for my skills!
- Ejen Chuang of Cosplay in America checked out the cosplay scene in Denmark and made a 30 minute documentary about what he saw.
- Analog House thinks Shirobako is the story of Japanese society.
- 50+ ways to make money as a writer. Alexandra Franzen is my hero, and I wanted to share her missive with the aspiring writers in my readership. Actually while I’m at it, here are a TON of free digital tools for writers.
Screenshot mashup via peribunny.