- I’m sure I’m not the only anime fan who can relate to the latest from Phuzzy Comics (above).
- The Magic: The Gathering community reacts to news of an upcoming M:TG movie. I guess since the Hobbit did so well, Hollywood is looking for the next geek fantasy franchise.
- M:TG not your thing? How about a potential Gundam live-action movie? Nothing substantial yet, but I’m sure Tomino’s presser on Jan. 21 will clear it all up. I would be SO excited if this were real!
- Patches started blogging again! I knew that the temptation to weigh in on Kill La Kill would be too powerful for him to resist forever.
- Serdar wrote a brilliant essay on why there will be no ‘next Miyazaki.’ Basically, if we judge quality by whether a show is the ‘next X,’ we’ll stifle creativity.
- Anime Viking’s post on yearning for the decision-free universe of Psycho Pass is still just as enticing a year later.
- Somebody asks io9, “What killed the anime industry?” and gets exactly the answer they were NOT expecting.
- Finally, I want to update you about my friend Viga, who is working hard to raise money to go to art school. She got a merit scholarship, but it’s still not enough. An orphan, Viga doesn’t have the same fallbacks a lot of other people have, and her funding round is more justified than most. She’s also doing commissioned art in exchange for donations, which is altogether too nice. Take a look if you can, and if money is tight, I’m sure she’d appreciate tweets or shares.
(Comic via Phuzzy Comics.)