- I’ve been enjoying From the New World, and not just because the character costume designer deserves a creative award. I liked Altair and Vega’s spoilertastic discussion about episode 15 and the governing bodies portrayed in the series.
- Kotaku interviews female cosplayers about the “dark side” of cosplaying. I wonder if male cosplayers face these same issues.
- Actually, Kotaku is hitting it out of the park this week. Here’s a long read on what we know about the relationship between video games, aggression, and violence.
- Online Journalism Blog conducts a hypothetical Q&A about the benefits of blogging for aspiring journalists. Link via curiousiko.
“Do you consider citizen journalism a gift or threat to professional journalists?”
“A gift. It’s only a ‘threat’ if you can’t compete.”
- In Star Wars: The Old Republic, players have to pay extra if they want to enjoy the game’s same-sex romance option. Does this seem fair to you? It didn’t to developer Anna Anthropy, who created her own game based on the controversy: hunt for the gay planet.
- And finally, Anime Yume created a few anime-themed lateral thinking puzzles, and they’re real brain teasers. I had to look at the hints on all of them!
(Screenshot via Crunchyroll.)