- 14 ways cosplay has changed in the last 14 years. When older cosplayers complain that kids have it easy now, they’re more right than I remembered.
- A powerful essay about how shoujo manga made it to the west. Related: I recently spoke to some American cartoonists inspired by shoujo manga for Forbes (second interview in the story).
- Have I told you about Bree yet? She gives geeky career advice like I do. Here’s how to make your first dollar from your hobby or passion, a la the Weasley twins.
- Now that My Love Story! is over, it’s a great time to review Josei Next Door’s heartfelt essay on Suna as an avatar for asexual viewers.
- Frequently asked questions about visiting Japan. I’m reading everything I can in advance of my trip to Japan in spring 2016. Did not know Japan was still so cash based.
- A Tokyo realtor will give you hundreds of dollars in anime decor in exchange for renting an apartment with them. Great publicity stunt.
- In case you missed it, Justin of Organization Anti-Social Geniuses interviewed several localizers about their difficulty getting paid on time while translating legal, streaming manga.
- When a scammer stole my site content and Crimm got it taken down, I sent him a Japanese snack box subscription to express my thanks. Here’s your guide to picking the best one for you!
If these links look a little old, you’re right. I keep all my Otaku Links in one big Evernote list, and today I started from the oldest first to see what I missed over the months. I hope you like them anyway.
Photo taken at the MET