- This was a big week for me because my collaboration with Crunchyroll came out on Monday! In celebration of the 38th Anniversary of Gundam (AKA 38 years to the day since Mobile Suit Gundam came out), I made a video about how to get started with one of my favorite hobbies! I wrote all about making the video on Gunpla 101.
- The Eccentric Family (the gorgeous show in my lead illustration) is back! To celebrate, Peter Fobian wrote about the nuanced way the show portrays family ties.
- By the way, what are you watching this season? I’m still on board with My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, and the aforementioned Eccentric Family. Definitely sticking with Natsume’s Book of Friends and Yowamushi Pedal New Generation as well. As for new shows, I’m interested in Sakura Quest and the Royal Tutor so far.
- I finally saw Your Name this week and it was so beautiful I almost cried. I’m not going to say anything about it yet except that @PassionTentacle found out that you can write in a diary just like the one Taki uses in the movie on your iPhone or Android.
- Kara explains what the heck a “voice remake” is. Do you think an old anime can be given new life with a more modern dub—and all the original animation intact?
- Caroline Olsen, a published BL (that’s Boys’ Love) author, explains the origins of the term and the history of its fandom on Yattatachi.
- A woman brings her therapy dog to a furry convention, assuming it’s a convention for pets. This is one of those news story where you read the title and it’s 10x better than you expected.
Lead screenshot via The Eccentric Family.