- If you haven’t watched Little Witch Academia yet, you’re missing out. It’s a 26-minute animator training short with gorgeous, expressive character design and over-the-top goofy animation. There are no plans to make it into an anime, but that should really change!
- After all, we saw last week that if fans love something enough, we can turn it into an anime. Case in point: the 30 second KyoAni promo spot that got so popular, the studio decided to turn it into an actual anime called Free! It’s also great to see KyoAni work on a show that caters to a female audience for a change.
- Check out this Anime News Network forum battle, where one contributor hypothesizes that women don’t purchase anime, and another blows him away with evidence to the contrary. I guess I could have told you that ladies REALLY like Natsume’s Book of Friends.
There are people who respond to other people having fun in ways that are alien to them with inexplicable rage and contempt. This is, honestly, one of the worst things you can do to yourself as a person of something resembling character.
- The quote above is from a Hairpin story about the niche band Phish. I think we’re all guilty of this sometimes, whether we’re making fun of bronies or Beliebers. Heck, I still get hate mail about this one post I wrote about Juggalos. We may not always understand other peoples’ fandoms at first blush, but it’s stupid not to even try.
- Speaking of bronies, Polygon’s got the full story of Fighting Is Magic. This MLP inspired video game got a cease-and-desist from Hasbro, but Lauren Faust is saving it by designing six original ponies just for the game. I love the layout of this long read, too!
- In the irony department: what happens when pirates play a game development sim and then go bankrupt because of piracy? It doesn’t get much more perfect than this.