- Evan Minto of Ani-Gamers is probably best known these days for “Anime Burger Time,” his popular con panel. Now he’s given it a Tumblr incarnation.
- “Gabriel DropOut” is for all the honor students who stopped caring. I also like how Kara calls this a “dessert” anime, which is a perfect way to describe this show.
- Hanging by a thread: How the online nerdy T-shirt economy exists in an IP world. The Rec Center linked to this fascinating feature on how a shirt featuring characters from DC, Marvel, and Nintendo can somehow avoid a copyright lawsuit.
- The New York Times tried out Crunchyroll and watched well, not my first choice. Of course, if they really wanted to label fans as perverts, they could have watched worse.
- I interviewed Anime Strike! It took me three weeks to get almost zero answers, so I’m going to be blogging about this on Monday.
- Oldtaku no Radio talks Your Name. Forgive them for the late take, they’re just so old.
- Are you keeping up with Anime Origin Stories? Lately, Dawn explained pre-Internet pen-paling, Chelsea shared a photo from her first con, and Kyle discussed how he went from fan to professional Japanese translator.
- While I’m on the topic of self promotion, check out my latest for Anime Feminist: What The Royal Tutor Says About Privilege.
- Finally, a video that features one man speaking Japanese in various accents. Unfortunately, I sound exactly like the American one.
Screenshot via Paprika.