- This happens to me all the time—I KNOW an anime is streaming legally, but I don’t remember where. I just found out about because.moe, a legal streaming search engine with the answer every time!
- Chic Pixel’s Ultimate Guide to Blogging. Would you believe this lengthy, advice-packed post is just part one? Come for Anne’s great blogging tips, stay for her kawaii Instagram posts.
- Take a tour of a modern Japanese house. What’s a 4LDK? Apparently that’s how a large home in Japan is marketed—four bedrooms, a living room, dining room, and kitchen. I was wondering how realistically the large modern homes you see in anime are portrayed.
- Even as I deeply respect his work, I sort of hate Ryan Holiday, and why shouldn’t I? His experience successfully manipulating the media is a reminder of the exploitable weak points in journalism. All the more reason for reporters to pay attention to his latest: I Helped Create the Milo Trolling Playbook. You Should Stop Playing Right Into It. This guy knows what he’s talking about.
- Why aren’t problematic translations fixed? Amelia wrote a thoughtful treatise on the Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid dub, which some fans worry erases gay identity. Dubbing is hard work, and the same woman who dubbed Dragon Maid was once under fire for a GamerGate reference in a previous project. That alone tells me that this is an honest mistake, or that’d be a VERY wide spectrum of beliefs to promote!
- America’s favorite Winter 2017 anime by state. Looks like I live in the well-known Blue Exorcist belt.
Photo by Tokyo Times on Flickr.