Will you be at Katsucon this weekend? In that case, it’s a rare moment to catch the Otaku Journalist in the wild! I’ll be giving two panels—37 years of Gundam (Saturday, 9:15 AM in Live 2) and He is a Char (Sunday, 10:30 AM in Live 7). I’ll be wearing my own t-shirt line designed by Ben Huber both days.
Anyway, onto the links!
- Japan’s 34 most beautiful places. I used their photo of Nachi Falls for my header. From the forest that inspired Miyazaki to the Adachi Museum of Art, these are not the locations I usually see on this kind of list.
- Like Yu Gi Oh? Want to write for Anime Herald? Its editor-in-chief, Mike, is looking for somebody to cover nothing but Yu Gi Oh! Payment is in Yu Gi Oh merch, definitely a one-of-a-kind opportunity. You can reach Mike here.
- Your Ghost in the Shell Cheat Sheet. Get ready for the Ghost in the Shell movie with one of the best writers covering vintage anime today, anime academic Brian Ruh.
- Reader Question: Will My Business Ever Give Me a Comfortable Life? Bree’s answer focuses on a geek clothing line and is the very definition of biz advice tailored to geeks specifically.
- Tony of Manga Therapy can find compassion and empathy in some unlikely places, for example, the battle manga Dragon Ball Z. He quotes me in this article, too!
- Seiren is a very romantic show. If you had told me that I’d be praising an anime based on a dating sim for being innovative and cleverly written, I wouldn’t have believed you. Frog-kun knows what I’m talking about.
- Chic Pixel’s Ultimate Guide to Blogging Part 2: The Nuts and Bolts. The second part of the series reads like a to-do list of everything you need to keep an effective geek blog running day to day.
Photo via CNN Travel